Completions, Stimulation, Testing & Interventions Well Site Supervisor
- Demonstration of HSE leadership at all times and to all members of the completions and interventions team.
- Safe execution and delivery of well completion and intervention activity in line with legislation, HSE expectations and BP Policy and Procedures.
- Accurate reporting of completion and well intervention activity. Ensuring all completion/intervention operations undertaken are: discussed in a planning meeting, covered by procedure, adequately risk assessed, understood by all crew members involved in the task, reviewed to distil lessons learned.
- Ensuring all completion and well intervention personnel carry out their activities in accordance with HSE standards and expectations
- Monitoring compliance with all statutory and company standards and procedures.
- Auditing both the activity and management systems of all completion and well intervention service providers.
- Ensuring maintenance of all completion and well intervention equipment in accordance with the BP Technical Integrity Standards and auditing for compliance with legislative requirements.
- Provide input to well design, completion and intervention programmes, and operations and logistics planning
- Supervising the safe and efficient implementation of all well completion and intervention programmes.
- Monitoring all well site personnel and materials movements to ensure that there are no delays to programme
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of all completion rig and well intervention site activities
- On-site well services and service company monitoring and first-level cost control/approval.
- Well-site incident reporting and investigation.
- Liaison between the rig / well site team and office based groups.
- Capture and reporting of lessons learned.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of all rig / well site completion, well engineering and well interventions personnel
- Developing team building across the entire team in order to create and promote a culture of openness, involvement and participation
- The incumbent will be responsible for coaching/training local staff in equivalent positions (e.g. Night Completion / Well Site Supervisor
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant completions and well intervention operations and supervision experience, with an emphasis on land-based operations.
- Knowledge and experience in high pressure, high temperature gas well completions, interventions and testing, including horizontal wells, and with excellent knowledge and awareness of associated HSE issues.
- Knowledge and experience in critical and sour well operations.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant BP drilling, completion, well intervention and HSE policies and guidelines.
- Appropriate well control Certification (IWCF or equivalent)
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong technical, operations organisational and planning ability.
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness and ability to coach more junior staff whose native language is not English
- Self-motivated, with strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Contract Duration: 12 months with extension option
- Working Days: 28/28 rotation / 5 days a week (Mon – Thur)